Tuesday, October 25, 2011

on coming with a lot of baggage

After having packed up everything in the entire house except the computer and two large
flat screens - all that is left is my personal stuff.

And all I can say is that man I come with a lot of baggage.

~~~

I remember that in high school I used to carry every book in my desk home every night
whether I cracked even one open or not.

I remember the embarrassment I felt pushing a cartload of my junk through the lobby of
nice hotels to the stares of the more civilized folks.

~~~

Remember the old lady in Titanic when Bill Paxton flew her in on on the helicopter
and she not only had her granddaughter with her but also a passle of photographs and her goldfish?

That's me.

~~~

Now that I am faced with how much junk I carry around no matter where I go I have
decided that I'm never going to change.


But I accept responsibility for my junk.


And - I always carry it myself.

~~~

In fact  - if anyone tries to help me I may say:


'If you touch my junk, I'm gonna have you arrested.'

                                 ~John Tyner
                                   during a TSA patdown
                                   November 15, 2010

No comments: