Thursday, October 27, 2011

tribute to isorski

Some time after I posted on my first blog my daugher called me up and said, 'Mom, you've
got a comment.'

That comment was my first link to the world of  blogging - and little did I know then what
was in store for me.  Almost four years later I have toughed it out and now I am hooked.

I owe it all to Isorski.

The name of his blog is Isorski's Musings - one that I only occasionally check and comment 
on because it is about rock music.

But it is the best and most consistently good blog I have ever come in contact with.

~~~

And Isorski introduced me to Neil Young.
 
I never knew who he was although I recognized Harvest Gold when I bought two of
his cd's.

Last night as I was taping up boxes I had one of them on - and today this is what ran
through my mind and helped me endure.

Of course you can't hear the music - if you don't already know it - but these are the lyrics
 of Harvest:
~~~

Did I see you down
in a young girl's town
With your mother in so much pain?
I was almost there
at the top of the stairs
With her screamin' in the rain.

Did she wake you up
to tell you that
It was only a change of plan?
Dream up, dream up,
let me fill your cup
With the promise of a man.

Did I see you walking with the boys
Though it was not hand in hand?
And was some black face
in a lonely place
When you could understand?

Did she wake you up
to tell you that
It was only a change of plan?
Dream up, dream up,
let me fill your cup
With the promise of a man.

Will I see you give
more than I can take?
Will I only harvest some?
As the days fly past
will we lose our grasp
Or fuse it in the sun?

Did she wake you up
to tell you that
It was only a change of plan?
Dream up, dream up,
let me fill your cup
With the promise of a man.
~~~

9 comments:

JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Truth be told Sue, the only reason I didn't shut down T101 a while back was your return.

Hope your new home makes you happy.

sue hanes said...

Joe - You never let me down.


And that's why I'll be happy in my new home - because there will always be someone there for me who never lets me down.


thanks, truth.

Isorski said...

Wow, I am blushing. This is such a great, heartfelt story and of course I had no idea. My blogging slowed down a lot this year due to various other priorities and really just losing some steam after five years at it. But it's stuff like this that keeps me motivated to get back on it. Thanks!

The Absolute Marxist said...

btw - Love the "Yes" posts, Isorski. :)

sue hanes said...

AM - Is 'Yes' a band?

The Absolute Marxist said...

yes.

sue hanes said...

Abso - I thought so.


I like it that you answer my questions about things I don't know:

which are legion

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Welcome to humanity.... a condition filled with the unknowable. ;)

sue hanes said...

It's what keeps us going - don't you think, -FJ?