Friday, February 3, 2012

one more thing

and then I've got a sh*tload of work to do since I've been on the
computer all day.  : ]

But since I'm so into movies I wanted to write something about
football and movies - but of the almost 200 dvds I own - I have
not one that is about football.

I even googled football movies - nothing.

But on looking over a list of football movies I did recognize one
of them and I'd like to say what I remember about Brian's Song:


~it's been a long time folks since I saw this on tv


~a story of courage and friendship


~a real for sure tearjerker


~James Caan


now I'm gonna google it for the rest


~directed by Buzz Kulik


~1971



~Billy Dee Williams



~Jack Warden



~Based on the real-life relationship between Gayle Sayers and Brian Piccolo



~Brian Piccolo is dying of cancer


I have thought about this movie from time to time.


And that is because it just was so good - so well done.


Also because of the Depth of the Feelings and Friendship shown in it -
and the Bond between these two Football Players.


These Feelings were so well Conveyed - that Even Now - it is Painful
to recall this Movie.








And what does this say?






To me it says a lot -










about Movies - Friendship - and Football Players.

No comments: