Saturday, February 4, 2012

4 super bowl recipes

I'm going to Post four Super Bowl Recipes today.

They are not Original Recipes - but they have stood the test - and
I'd like to share them with you.

1.  stidh's Best Ever Caramel Corn

I have been making this recipe for longer than I can remember - and it is
Really good.  I can't remember where I got it - and although it involes a
couple of hours work - to me it is worth it.

Now I don't touch popcorn in any form now - but I used to make a batch of
this caramel corn - eat it that night and the next day - then throw the rest away
because I could stop eating it.  : ]

And furthermore I would go to an evening movie  and get a bag of popcorn
and smother it in that butter from the pump and eat as much as I could.
That's when I was a 'foodie' - not that there's anything wrong with it.

Caramel Corn

Melt 1 C. butter in dutch oven

Stir in 2 C. packed brown sugar, 1/2 C. dark corn syrup, 1/2 t. salt;

Simmer on low for 5 minutes - stirring a lot and keeping the heat low.

Remove from heat; add 1/2 t.baking soda & 1/2 t. vanilla.
~~~

Pour over 6 quarts popped popcorn - in 2 large shallow pans - stirring some.

Bake in 250 degree oven for 1 hour - stirring every 15 minutes.
~~~

I always put the caramel corn in 1 or 2 plasic bags when done and then
break it up into small pieces.

Or it can be kept in airtight containers.
~~~


Next:  Paula Dean's : [  Really Great Recipe for Fried Asparagus w/ Creole Mustard Sauce.

No comments: