Sunday, February 5, 2012

last minute Super Bowl snack

I went ahead and made the Paula Deen Recipe for Fried Asparagus
yesterday - and it was Good.

But here's another Super Bowl snack that you can make right along
with the Fried Asparagus:

Deep Fried Mushrooms


I liked these every bit as much as I did the Fried Asparagus - better Really.

Here's the Recipe that I followed off of google's Cooks.com:


Mix together:

2 slightly beaten eggs

1/4 C. milk

1/4 C. beer

a couple dashes of salt


Dip mushrooms in mixture;

Dredge in flour;

Then roll mushrooms in bread or cracker crumbs;

Cook in hot oil;

I always think that in cooking it is best to use whole milk - but I only had
either skim milk or soy milk to choose from - so I used the Soy.

The recipe calls for Cracker Crumbs - but I was in a hurry so I grabbed the
container of  PROGRESSO plain Bread Crumbs and that worked - but another
time I would try finely crushed Cracker Crumbs - and even the Italian bread
crumbs - that sounds good too.


I used BELGIUM'S ORIGINAL STELLA ARTOIS Premiun Lager Beer
in the green bottle since that's what was here - but my guess is that any
beer would do.


And I cooked the Mushrooms in the same oil as the Asparagus - in fact
I cooked some Asparagus first - then the Mushrooms and then more
Asparagus - and it worked fine.


The Recipe calls for large mushrooms - but I think any size is ok.


I will say that I Really like the Fried Mushrooms better than the Asparagus.

No comments: