Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Today Is His Birthday.

He was only 58 when he died.

How did he write all that Stuff in such a short time?

Wouldn't he have been a fun Person to Blog with?  : ]

(i may add more to this about him today)

Kind of like a Super Bowl for Smart People.
~~~

Of course A Christmas Carol was my Favorite.  The one with George C. Scott in it.
But I like the one with Jim Carrey too.

And Nell.

But Tale of Two Cities.  How can you even talk about that one.

Maybe that is the Greatest Novel Ever.

It was the Best of Times.

It was the Worst of Times.

It was the Age of Wisdom.

It was the Age of Foolishness.

and so on.

Do ya think he was LHAO when he wrote that - thinking I'll get them going on
this one - for sure.

and

It's a far, far better thing that I do - than I have ever done.

It's a far, far better World that I go to - that I have ever known.


And Everything in Between.


Charles Dickens was no dummy.  He wasn't stupid enough to go around saying that
he was an Athiest.  I think he just wrote that stuff so he would be in good with you know who.
Butter him up a little before he checked out of here - just in case.

Next:  The Old Curiosity Shop

I googled character sketch for Nell and came up with one written by
enotes/study smarter:


~her last name was Trent

~she was a sweet, delicate child

~Nell was brave - and wise beyond her years

~she was an orphan

~she lived with her aged grandfather
~~~

Charles Dickens (more on him but I really shouldn't sit here all day)










you can't touch him - Really.












ya might call him a man for the ages

: ]

No comments: