Friday, September 30, 2011

the waiting game

And still we wait.

Somewhere in a radius of 40 miles there is an 82 year old woman who has flown in from Arkansas who we know has money and she has chosen to torture us just short of waterboarding while she makes up her mind about buying our house.

We know she wants the house and she knows that we know it.

She is of course shrewd - because that's how she got her money in the first place - by being careful and not making hasty decisions.

But she has known from the beginning of the summer that she was going to buy our house.

I know she is waiting until the very last moment  - she flies back to Arkansas tomorrow.

I just know she is waiting until 4:30 this afternoon at which time her realtor will call our realtor and we will get her take-it-or leave-it offer.  Our only chance to sell this house without actually giving it away since the economy is so bad.


And so we wait...

3 comments:

Ticker said...

Never a last chance. If she wants it she will pay the price. Don't be fooled by the take it or leave it offers. Counter with a higher offer if she insults you with a low ball and tell the Realtor to have their client join the real world. I've done it and it works if they buyer is serious.
Good luck and I hope that the 82 year old lady will be fair and offer a fair price.

sue hanes said...

Ticker - Thanks for the encouragement and support.

She naturally went low, and my husband said we wouldn't budge - that it was our final offer.

Then later after questioning him, I found out he is going to cave and go lower.

I don't mind, I really want to move for the sake of the family.
But the problem is, he didn't even have the respect for me to consult me, even let me know what he is thinking. It is always this way.

So the deal should go through by the end of the evening, but this game he plays with me means that I can never respect him - and haven't for a long time.

No problem - I have can live for the rest of my life painting, blogging, learing the rach 3 and experimenting with cooking not to mention two great daughters and 7 grandchilren. Who really needs a dud of a husband. :-) Not that I'm going to leave him, but he won't benefit from my presence.

There Ticker - I needed to vent and consider yourself a good friend that I have unloaded on you.

I'm going to post what happens with the deal later.

Stick around.

sue hanes said...

Ticker - Thanks.

It is 7:45 CT and still no word.

I find this incredible.

And yes, my name is on the deed.