Friday, September 23, 2011

Two subjects for discussion

I would like to have opinions on:

~doing away with reelection for President.  I believe that reelection distracts the President
to the point that it harms our country's welfare.  The current situation is a good example.
We are in dire need of the President's attention on many issues, yet the 2012 elections are
getting way too much coverage and are DISTRACTING the President to the point it is harmful.

I suggest (and I know this isn't an original idea) a one time only six year term.
This would require a Constitutional Ammendment - the sooner the better.


~doing away with the electoral college.  I read today on one of my plastic study sheets
(Sparks, maybe) that the American voters do not elect the president.  Of course, that is
common knowledge, but just looking at those words this afternoon were like I saw them for the first time.

That is ridiculous.

That is like saying that we cannot pray to God directly, but rather that we have to have an
intercessory.  Well, let me say right here and now that I pray to God - without any help - and I would
like to vote for my own President.

Let's stamp out the Electoral College.


Of course, I know others have differing opinions.  :=)


What do YOU think?

No comments: