Wednesday, September 28, 2011

hey i'm on a roll now

I Want to Be Your Shoebox

by Catherine Bowman


I want to be your shoebox
I want to be your Fort Knox
I wnat to be your equinox

I wnat to be your paradox
I want to be your pair of socks
I want to be your paradise

I want to be your pack of lies
I want to be your snake eyes
I want to be your Mac with fries

I want to be your moonlit estuary
I want to be your day missing in Feburary
I want to be your floating dock dairy

I want to be your pocket handkerchief
I want to be your mischief
I want to be your slow pitch

I want to be your fable without a moral
Under a table of black elm I want to be your Indiana more!
Casserole. Your drum roll.  Your trompe l'oeil

I want to be your biscuits
I want to be your business
I wnat to be your beeswax

I want to be your milk money
I want to be your Texas Apiary Honey
I want to be your Texas. Honey

I want to be your cheap hotel
I wnat to be your lipstick by Chanel
I wnat to be your secret passage

All written in Braille.  I want to be
All the words you can't spell
I want to be your International

House of Pancakes.  I want to be your reel after reel
Of rough takes.  I want to be ryou Ouija board
I want to be you slum-lord.  Hell

I want to be your made-to-order smorgasbord
I want to be your autobahn
I want to be your Audubon

I want to be your Chinese bug radical
I want to be your brand-new set of radials
I want to be your old time radio

I want to be your pro and your con
I want to be your Sunday morning ritual
(Demons be gone!) Your constitutional

Your habitual-
I want to be your Tinkertoy
Man, I want to be your best boy

I want to be your chauffeur
I want to be your chauf-
feur, your shofar, I want to be your go for

Your go far, your offer, your counter-offer
your union coffer, your two by four
I want to be your out and in door

I want to be your song:  daily, nocturanl-
I want to be your nightingale
I want to be your dog's tail

                               ~from Open City

No comments: