Friday, April 6, 2012

How stdh Is Gonna Honor Easter

I haven't had any requests for me to list what I'm
gonna do to Honor Easter :[ - so here they aren't:

~listen to the Easter section of The Messiah - ran
this by twice with the movies on mute - work fer me

~color Easter eggs - I myself do not eat eggs anymore
but my Guardian does I'll dye a dozen eggs and even
make DEVILed eggss - did that and the eggs turned
out ABSTRACT - cool

~work in my patio garden - took out some weeds and
finished pruning the dogwood (?) tree

~pick out a movie(s) that most is like Easter - but off
hand I can't think what that would be - but I'll post it
here when I decide

Ok. I just picked out 12 movies that I'm gonna run by
on my kitchen flat screen this Glorious Easter Weekend -
starting now. I'm going to list them here and then say
why I chose them:

Evan Almighty - It's about how Evan Baxter/Steve Carell
deals with being chosen by God To Make The World A Better Place

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Easter is kinda a New Beginning type
of thing - and like Cameron starts over by standing up to his
dad - and Ferris' sister learns to be herself - thanks to the
Really cool Charlie Sheen. :] Also - this is on the top of my
list of Fun Movies.

This time 3 things spoke to me during FB'SDO

Careron Frye
Twist & Shout
John Hughes' Appreciation of Fine Art - for me it's always
about Art

& cs


Super 8 - For me this movie is - and always will
remain - about - the video during the credits. And
the music after that - my sharona - and the very
end of the movie when the nice alien gets the ride
home. Plus the relationship stuff between the father
and son.

Religulous - I already gave a review of Religulous on my
Religion Blog. Now I would just say that EVERYONE SHOULD
WATCH THIS IMPORTANT DOCUMENTARY. If you are of a certain
Faith - know that YOU WILL BE OFFENDED. So you need to plan
on that but try to watch it with an open mind. And also -
YOU WILL LAUGH. So plan on that too. BUT BE SURE TO WATCH IT.

Eight Below - What a PERFECT BEAUTIFUL movie. Frank Marshall
must be a very special person. And Paul Walker - I forgive him
for the crazed trucker movie - which I loved - but it did get
a little mean at the end. :]

Starry Night - Nice little video - but Really a bit of a downer -
and it choked me up - the ending too depressing. I liked the
theme song - though.

2001 A Space Odyssey - Here is a movie that - for me - is never
not good. And it is a segue to Rise of the Planet of the Apes -
sort of. My favorite part - along with all of it - is when the
two astronauts go up against HAL - kinda like moi. In order to
get the full benefit of this movie - IMHO - ya have to also watch
2010 The Year We Make Contact. I love Roy Schneider(sp)and I
personally like the sequel virtually as much as the first one.
Helen Mirren too. 2001 is smart scifi at its best - but then
you already know that. And The Music - by what's his name is
so exhilirating. Furthermore - there is the WARNING - to stay
away from Europa. So let's do it People.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - CAESAR! CAESAR! CAESAR!

City of Angels - Well. That one was excruciatingly slow - and
borrring. But still - it had a nice little ending - it was
about 'living.' and now - a Really good one. That will usher
in Easter morn. I'm gonna go for it.

Michael - Love this won.

Alice In Wonderland - If Judi Dench can get an Oscar for
8 minutes of great acting in SIL - WHEN ARE YOU PEOPLE
GONNA recogonize JD's great acting. GIVE ME A BRAKE - HEAR.


O Brother Where Art Thou - nothing left to say - here -
this is simply a Giant of a Great movie. That's all.


~not watch Real Time With Bill Maher - since Bill does not
have a show on Good Friday - pretty good for an avowed Athiest -
dontcha think?

~paint a small plastic Cross with flowers on it to hang in
my sunroom/where I paint - did it - and wouldya believe it
looks like my almost 3 yr old g-dau did it? Those things are
HARD to do. But it's up and running...

~find some good religious music videos on utube - stuff like
He Arose~Up FROM THE GRAVE HE AROSE and scenes from BenHur
only the best Easter movie EVER i mean chuck heston was in
it wasn't he?

~not go to church this year since I am not happy :[ with my
lot in life - kind of punishing myself - but maybe next
year I'll go when things are better


That's about it - Dear Blogging Friends - and I'll update this
from time to time if there's anything else.

~almost forget - I'll read approprite sections of the Holy Bible
and check Joe's - Z's - & Ticker's Eeaster Sunday Videos

~one more thing - I may write a My Faith Journey post on Easter
I've been thinking of a good won

No comments: