Friday, April 20, 2012

3 girlfriend things

This post is about three things. When I write a post like
this one I like to do it in threes - but I can't think right
off of the third one - which I was going to write about as
the second one - so I'll add it later if it comes - to me.
~~~

The title of this post - has the word 'girlfriend' in it - and
I would like to say that the use of that particular word is
in the generic form. Such as a person that ya like to hang
out with - and it can be a actual girl friend - or a guy. Or
it can be a person of any age. But here is the important part:
you just Hang Out. Remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine
and Jerry talk about how ya can't bring S*x into a friendship -
or it won't work. That's what I'm thinkin' about here.

This post - as incoherent as it may be - is just talking to you
as if we were girlfriends - in the generic sense of the word.
If you are totally confused at this point - go to another blog -
but you will miss the best part - that follows.
~~~

about my face

It has not escaped me in the last six months that my bathroom
mirror has been cruelly trying to tell me that I am growing old.
Yes - unwelcome wrinkles have come to live in my face. And my
bathroom mirror is saying - What Are Ya Gonna Do About It - stidh -
anyway. Well - right now I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do:

NOTHING.

I could do treatments - get a face lift - stuff like that - but I'm
not going to. Becuase my wrinkles tell me something - like I have
lived most of my life - and now is the time to go for something
more important than looking good - or young. I'm 67 years old - and
I want to live THAT PART OF MY LIFE.

That's it folks. I am getting old and anyone who doesn't like my
wrinkles - and you know who ya are :[ can just stuff it.
~~~

just say no/Nancy Reagan

It's no secret that when Nancy Reagan was First Lady - I didn't like her.
That is until I found out that the reason she was so standoffish is that
she LOVED RONALD REAGAN SO MUCH that she was distracted - and she just
wanted to have a life with him. After I found that out I have nothing
but respect for her. And that leads to why I am even bringing her up.
And here it is:

JUST SAY NO

When I was in the Stress Unit last week I tried to help the other patients
out - and many of them were sadly young with alcohol and drug addiction
problems. But I always came up with these two things:

It's Consuming Your Life - I got that one from watching Robin Williams on
Letterman last year. He said that's the first thing they tell you in
Rehab.

and

Just Say No - is what First Lady Nancy Reagan embraced as her motto -
and an extremely important & and wise saying - and I would say that
in group therapy - and everyone picked up on it.

It is my most earnest hope that these great people that I was with in
the looney bin :] - will remember those three words - and the one about it comsuming your life.

Those words could save the life of many - & the combination is - well -
just amazing.
~~~

That's it. Is that incoherent - or what?

Thanks for being my girlfriend while ya read this - and would it kill
ya to comment?

if I think of the 3rd thing I'll post it later.

:]

12 comments:

Thersites said...

I thought that THAT was 3 things....

sue hanes said...

Gee - Ther. I guess I lost count.

I did think of another thing - but Blogger blocked my blog and I can no longer write on it.

Bummer.

The Absolute Marxist said...

Then create a new account. Just get yourself a new Yahoo or hotmail e-mail account. It ain't hard. The legionaires do it ALL the time.

The Absolute Marxist said...

In fact, if you want one of my blogs, you can have it. Just let me know and I'll send you a new user name and password for "stanley"... you can delete his stuff and take over, customize the profile to who ever you like.

The Absolute Marxist said...

Granted, you'd have to let your friends know the new URL... but you could just recreate stidh's profile, there.

sue hanes said...

Thanks Abso.

I'm gonna see my IT man (sn-in-lw)
tomorrow and I'll have him help me.

Have a good one - Abso.

Today I'm gonna make a sinful dessert - for my dau's family.

A choc. cheesecake - Mmmmmmmmm.

I may taste it.

Sunshine said...

Hey, Sue!

I like this post, and what you had to say about just going with the age thing.

We'd all be a lot happier if we'd just be IN the moment we're in, you know?

Speaking of girlfriends, some of my best ones are male, and one of my best ones when I was in my thirties, was a lady in her nineties. :)

I never base friendship on gender, age, race, or political persausaion, but on FRIENDSHP, and what we have in common to bond over.

I hope you have a good day, and hope you get your Blogger problem fixed!

sue hanes said...

Good morning Sunshine - I totally agree with what you said about
Friendship. I'm working on getting new friends.

Today I'll see if I can get back to writing on my Blog - I've got a backlog of stuff I want to say.

Have a good one - and let the Sunshine in - I bet ya get that a lot. My g-son that I'll see today is named Jude - and it is impossible to not say Hey Jude.
The doctor that delivered him JUST HAD to say that first thnig.

Thanks for your comment - Sunshine.

sue hanes said...

Abso - I wasn't able to get my new blog set up yesterday - but I might work on it tomorrow.

sue hanes said...

Ther - What do ya think about
El Greco?

I'm gonna throw something your way about it later. Or would that be
-FJ's area?

Joe Conservative said...

I'd give the Greek two thumbs up.

sue hanes said...

He was born on Crete - JC - but he is considered a Spanish artist.

Two things stand out when I think of El Greco:

the elongation of the characters he paints

and his religious vein - mainly Christ - and his crucifixiou and resurrection