Wednesday, April 18, 2012

grow old with - stidh

While spending a few days in the Really Cool
Stress Unit - at Bloomington Hospital - aka
the Looney Bin - or to put it more bluntly -
the Psycho Ward - just kidding - it's a great
place - an amusing thing occurred.

I - stidh - not my Real name - was enjoying the
company of two young men - also inmates in the
Stress Unit - well - and Toy - his Real name - was
regaling me and Jack Black - not his Real name - about
how the police were chasing him.

So Toy was animatedly illustrating his True Story -
with hand gestures - and all - when he happened to
use the phrase 'old lady' - which phrase I did not
object to - but Toy suddenly turns tuh me and says:

'No offense.' - about sayin' old lady.

Now - instead of sayin' 'none taken,' I'm thinkin'
Whassup with that?

I say to Toy - why you say 'old lady' then say no offense
to me - stidh?

But Toy - as in Story - continues his Really cool story and
ignores me.

I let it go - since I was totally enjoying his story - about
gettin' chased by the cops.

And anyways - Stacie also called me on my age - by saying that
I am so sweet and I remind her of her grandma.

'D*mn,' I think - still enjoying Toy's Story.

All the time I'm remembering at CVS how the young guy clerk
made reference to my age by saying - during the conversation
'at your age.'

But here is the worst part - when last night Connor was listening
to me talk about how my husband-now-guardian :[ was a veteran - and
Connor sezs - 'of WW2?'

I nearly faint from the shock of it but shoot back 'no - The Civil War.'

The Others liked that and we all collapse in laughter.

But it doesn't escape me that these youngins - think of me as old.

wtf?

10 comments:

Sunshine said...

I'm glad you're back, Sue, and that you're okay.

Your story made me laugh, and it's good that you're such a good sport about being considered, 'old.'

If you are, maybe it is just your hair color.

I remember that when my mother was pretty old, she would refer to someone like, "That's a good looking old man, for his age."

The funny thing was, that the 'old man' was usually many years younger, but with gray hair.

I don't know why, but she just assumed that if the hair was gray, the person was old.

Maybe it was because her hair never turned gray, ever, even when she grew old.

Besides, you're only as old as you feel, right? ;)

sue hanes said...

Hey Sunshine - I think your mother and I have a lot in common - about thinking that a man was goodlooking.

My dad - died at 98 - up until the end - or should I say the beginning - would point out a good looking woman.

And my mother - who died just about 2 months ago - had very few gray hairs.

She liked to tell the story of how my grandmother - my dad's mother - would say:

Does Gladys - her real name - dye her hair?

My dad would answer no. But she still would always ask. Finally he just said yes.

Mom said that Grandma died thinking that Mom dyed her hair.

But she never did.

A picuter taken on the day of Dad's funeral 4 years ago - makes me - with the white year - look like the old woman.

Go figure.

And like stidh - she was so young at heart.

Unknown said...

Nice article, would like to share some more tips related to hair transplantation and procedure check the below link
Hair Transplantation

Unknown said...

Nice article, would like to share some more tips related to hair transplantation and procedure check the below link
Hair Transplantation

sue hanes said...

Hi Cosmetic - I'm so glad you commented on my Blog.

I wish my dad could have had something like your hair transplant - he had such beautiful black hair as a young man - and it bothered him a lot the rest of his life - but as I recall - he rose above it - as he did everything else.

I see you have no blog - but I hope you continue to read mine - and comment.

Thanks Cosmetic.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. i really appreciate it that you shared with us such a informative post.. Rhinoplasty in Hyderabad



Unknown said...

Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. Gynecomastia in Hyderabad

alijohn said...

Hi
very useful and interesting article. i would like to suggest the best bariatric surgen in the world. if you really want to loss ur weight u can visit here
bariatric surgery in hyderabad

Best Cosmetic surgeon in Hyderabad said...

https://www.dryvrao.com/nose-surgery
https://www.dryvrao.com/hair-transplant-hyderabad

Unknown said...

hubdigitalmarketing.blogspot.com