Friday, May 11, 2012

Bloomington,In./Seattle,Wa.

For a while now I've been thinking of how Seattle,Wa. and Bloomington, In. are alike.~~~It isn't the weather - for Seattle is more mild and wet - for the most part. And Bloomington can be beautiful - but also brutal in the summers and winters.~~~~ No - it isn't the weather.~~~~It isn't the mountains -for Bloomington has no mountains - although the beauty of Southern In is unsurpassed - with Brown County and the spectacularly wonderful campus here at IU.~~~~~ No it isn't the mountains.~~~~~~Then what is it that you are talkin' about - stidh.~~I'm gonna tell ya right now - people.~~~~It's the front yards - in the distance between 2nd and 3rd streets on Rogers. For that distance that I've been driving - when I'm on Rogers Street between 2nd and 3rd streets - the front lawns look EXACTLY like the front lawns of many houses in Seattle. They often let the grass and flowers just grow wild. And if ya have been to Seattle in any of the residential areas you would know what I'm talking about. And I like the way that looks. ~~~~~And I almost forgot the most important thing here - have ya ever seen Mt. Rainier at dusk? Driving across the brige with the pinkish hue of Mt. Rainier on yer right and on yer left is a full moon - well I haven't been everywhere - but I just know that if I never saw another sight - I would be happy with that one memory.~~~~~~~~It just doesn't get any better than that - folks. :] :sigh:

2 comments:

Stanley Kowalski said...

Seattle? no thanks. Now Portland, on the other hand... ;)

Speedy G said...

Hey, THAT is LA, NOT Portland, dummy!